Thursday, July 06, 2006

Back to School?...

I can hardly believe that in one short month, I will be getting ready for the first day back to school. Who said that August wasn't a vacation month? Who is writing the flipping calendar any way? Certainly not the teachers and parents...

Happy Blog day to me! First post and everything that goes with it. My sister, another teachergirl, well, principalgirl, if the truth be told, thinks I'm a whack job for starting a blog, but I've been surfing blog sites since I read Bitter is the New Black and I have discovered a whole new world out there. I am a frustrated writer, a lousy journal keeper and I thought, what the hell, I'll just post and see if anyone reads. PrepGirl1 has about seventeen blogs of her own and I expect I'll just hear from her friends.

We're at the beach (principalgirl, PrepGirl1 and BrownBear) at my Dad's house. LawyerBoy is well, lawyering. Big case....blah, blah, blah.

I've been teaching on and off for about 20 years. Junior college, preschool, middle school and upper elem. No Child Left Behind....don't get me started.

I'm a typical soccer mom, in the choir at church and am trying to make gasoline out of potato peelings. Getting ready to send BrownBear and PrepGirl1 to camp in a few weeks. That'll be groovy.

I made some of the best friends I ever had teaching in the worst place in the world. We called ourselves the Black Sheep Squadron. We banded together to keep our sanity at a crazy place in a crazy time. We don't teach together anymore, but the lessons we learned there keep us close and we are like a band of brothers from a war zone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere, and thanks for filling out my survey.

7/09/2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger --erica said...

so glad you decided to give it a go.
if you figure out the gasoline from potato peeling thing please post it. :)

7/25/2006 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!