Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thrilling Thursday

This was my first true vacation day - and I was wishing that more of you were home so we could all play. I've had to wait all day for you guys to come home and post.

Angie did a crap load of things while you all were gone; me? Not so many. I did get up and shower and proceeded to try and register our family info with the girls' school. First, I needed a code for each girl which I had managed to misplace. Once informed of these said codes, (which required a legal pad to write down), I proceeded to go on-line and was informed that one of the things I needed was BrownBear's Social Security number. Now where in the hell did I last put that thing? Long story short, I proceeded to tear out all the crap hiding in the cupboard under the phone. And I mean crap, people. I was separating junk into trash, Goodwill, and keepers.

In the midst of these two projects, I got a call from BrownBear and her future husband, and I believe, our future President. They had sold back their books and needed a ride home. Sure enough, Super Mom to the rescue. (Don't get me started at the pittance she received for her books. And don't get me started on her math placement for next year - I'm not finished eating administrator behind, yet.)

I spent a long part of today finishing this mammoth project (maybe not to some of you, but this was a hot spot that was out of control).

And then I went to the Goodwill.

Not just for the drop-off, but also for the shopping. (Please. A pot for my school plant.) But it wasn't as pleasant as in the past. Some of my shopper friends have told me that Goodwill and the other thrift stores operate in shifts - there are good days and bad days in the cycle of Goodwill shopping. Whatever - I didn't get a pot for my plant.

But, a day cleaning out the cupboard beats a day in the classroom.

And tomorrow? Mammogram Day. Then the beach on Monday.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa B. said...

Wow, quite a productive day! I'm actually jealous. I visit the Salvation Army periodically to drop junk off, and always go in to shop! I have acquired several "keepers" over the years there, including the comfy desk chair I now sit in at work. Quick story about junk drawers. I went to the beach with Ella Numera Una last summer, & came home to a REALLY CLEAN kitchen junk drawer. Hubby had finally gotten sick of it & cleaned it out. I think I was more emotional about that than having either one of my babies!

5/29/2008 7:57 PM  
Blogger cupcake said...

Nothing spells "fabulous summer vacation" quite like m-a-m-m-o-g-r-a-m.

Good luck with that. I hope your scans are blemish free, and that you celebrate the great news with a delicious Razztini. Or three. Or six.

5/29/2008 9:15 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

The beach? Ooh. It's been a long time since I have seen the beach. Have a great time!

5/30/2008 6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!