Monday, February 23, 2009

Next!!

Now, they are going to cut the budget by stopping the copying and buying of all paper. I saw something that could have escalated into a fight this morning when a teacher put some of her own paper in the only working copier (another sore subject) and the art teacher just willy-nilly hit print (after she had made 500 copies of something that was incorrect).

It has come down to this. Copier paper and copying. Let's see if they find $15 million worth of savings in that.

4 Comments:

Blogger raidergirl3 said...

We have a photocopy 'budget', where the photocopier is programmed with a code for each teacher and we each have a limit. It makes you think twice about what you copy and how you copy it. I can fit a lot of stuff on one page, by small font and small margins.

2/24/2009 4:44 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

Seriously. And why is it ALWAYS the art teacher?!

2/24/2009 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm stopping by to remind you about the 2009 Writing Challenge I'm hosting. Make sure to check in!

2/24/2009 9:44 PM  
Blogger Teacha said...

My school has been doing it for YEARS. We have to buy our own copy paper. Do you know a box costs $30 and the textbook is more than 7 years old meaning if I want my class to be relevant/up to date--I've got to copy.

Therefore, I offer extra credit for it. AT my school I think it saves them about $10,000 a year.

3/21/2009 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!