Wednesday, May 20, 2009

And Then.... There Were....


Today... the fifth grade luncheon. The principal needs a new speech. Just saying. I've heard this one a number of times.
I'm a little concerned, however, with a parent who went back to work after the luncheon. His wife is a flight attendant, so he came on over. I've always liked this guy; he's nice, involved, the typical all American Dad. But we went out to play this afternoon and his daughter was playing soccer - hard - because she's a good player who is on a good team. She got hurt - it looked like she might have broken a bone in her ankle.
He told the school nurse and the principal that she should go home on the bus; he'd been at school for two hours and he wasn't coming back. Did I mention that I pushed her to the clinic in the wheelchair? And we thought her ankle might be broken? They refused to put her on the bus because she couldn't walk. So he told them to put her in the afterschool program and he'd get her from there. When I left, she was sitting in the wheelchair, with her foot elevated, in the hallway. She had taken some motrin she had with her, but who knows how long that would last.
Of all the stupid things.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger teachergirl said...

Update on the douchebag: he didn't take her to the hospital until this morning. And it was broken and he brought her to school after they were finished.

You can break my neck and call me Shorty; I've seen and heard it all.

5/21/2009 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!