Thursday, May 07, 2009

In Which I Reveal My True Geek Status

Just back from the movie to say that while they took amazing liberties from the history of the series, it was, indeed, a fabulous ride. And it was a long one, too. I loved it, but the writers have some 'splaining to do. That's just for me, though.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few ... or the one." Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock from "The Wrath of Khan." A fine, fine Star Trek movie. If I were truly a Trekker, I would already be at the movie theater, dressed up in some kind of garb. (The only time I've ever dressed up for something was a MASH party at the KA house in college - that was a fine party, if I say so myself.)

However, I am merely a fan. I freely admit it. My children just got finished laughing at me. That, too, is fine. However, tomorrow night, I will be fighting my way into the theater with a whole lot of other people to see the newest installment of the Star Trek series.

There are always possibilities...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going to see the new Star Trek is all I asked for for Mother's Day!

5/08/2009 5:19 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

Live long and prosper, is all I have to say! Oh, and Happy Mom's Day, too...I'm spending my day putzing around the garden, and of course getting into some silliness with Sx3. Please drop by if you have a sec...

5/10/2009 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!