Thursday, April 16, 2009

What's a Girl To Do?

Where to begin? Two days to Super Big State Testing... and I know I don't feel ready. I haven't felt this unprepared in years.

Only one more week with super student teachergirl. I swear - where has the year gone? She is amazing and I hope she gets a job. However, with this stupid economy, I don't see it. She is going to direct the preschool by her house until things settle down.

I am going to send my resume to PrepSchool, where copying happens without question, laptops are handed out to the kids and life goes on as normal. I need to teach some History to someone who might care. I hope someone needs a history teacher as badly as I need a history teaching job.

Thank goodness - five weeks and counting.

I know this sucks, but I've got nothing, people.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger The Vegas Art Guy said...

Our CRTs were in early March so I'm done with them this year, and most of the 8th graders I taught passed the writing proficiency so it's double good news for me.

4/18/2009 2:20 AM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

We have state testing the last week of April and you know what? I.don't.care. We have a new state superintendent who is the biggest blowhard I've ever seen. His goal has been to make this new spring testing so f'in hard that we all fail so he can swoop in and "fix" us.

4/18/2009 9:01 AM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

Quick question, though...Does PrepSchool mandate the state tests, or do teachers have to jump thru a completely separate set of hoops? Good luck! And PS: Please pop over to participate in Sx3 today. We're in serious Donald Trump Mode!

4/19/2009 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!