Monday, September 07, 2009

Classtime Tomorrow

I can't wait until tomorrow. You all know - the President is going to speak during lunchtime on the east coast. (Who picked that time, I'd love to know.) Our district, in its goofy damned way of trying to be politically correct, sent home a letter from the superintendent with a note on the back for parents who want to opt their students out of the speech. (Have I told you it's going to be shown live at 12PM? And videostreamed the rest of the day? And I have planning from 11:45 - 12:30?) And no one at my school has a concrete plan for showing the speech? And the principal- you remember her - the one who won't make any decisions - wants to know what our plans are for showing the speech??

We sent the letter home on FRIDAY and, as you are well aware, we AREN'T in SCHOOL TODAY. So, if little Johnny's mommy doesn't want him to see the speech tomorrow and he doesn't bring his note, little Johnny is going to be viewing that bad boy. No lead time, no prep time, no nothing.

And have I told you that I think one of my kids has parents who are skinheads? Can my job get any better?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

Hi! I am a new follow. I totally understand where you are coming from! I teach 4th grade and have planning period during that time too. Hopefully the kids will be able to stay in specials to watch it, if they are allowed by their parents. Tomorrow will be an interesting day!

9/07/2009 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!