Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Tag, I'm It, Too!!

Well, what do you know? I've been tagged and I didn't think anyone was paying a bit of attention. So, here goes: Text Color

1. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
I just want to remember what happened, when it happened. I imagined myself to be a writer and then I never wrote. It is just easier to keep a journal this way than it is the old fashioned way.
2. Are you a spiritual person?
I have always been a very spiritual person. I considered going to seminary, but let myself be talked out of it. Back then, not many girls were going to the seminary or the Naval Academy, my other option. Of course, I couldn't see worth a lick, so the Naval Academy was out, too. Part of me wanted to be Tom Cruise in Top Gun before he even made the movie, but I am actually afraid of flying. I am still moved to tears by Easter morning and Christmas Eve - God made flesh, sent for us? Really, when I think about it, I am overwhelmed.
3. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you want to have with you? Toothbrush & toothpaste, a box of books and the husband. (He'd need to bring my pillow along. And the Coast Guard, because I stopped camping in Girl Scouts, many, many moons ago.)
4. What’s your favorite childhood memory? I had a pretty excellent childhood. I have a lot of good memories, so picking one is pretty hard. When I was growing up, we would always go to my great aunt's house for dinner every Friday evening. I got to see my extended family every Friday night. My great aunt made the best dinners in the world. She spoiled me and never made things I wouldn't eat. I can't remember a Friday night with broccoli on the table but there were always peas. (I was a weird kid.) She made the best roast beef and potatoes and carrots. She made bread pudding. And she did it because she loved all of us. It was great. She was the one who taught me how to read before I went to school. She is one of the reasons I am a teacher and why I have books all over my house. She never had children of her own and I named my oldest daughter in her honor.
5. Are these your first (tagging) memes?
Absolutely. I can't believe that I, the Empress of Geeks, has someone reading, let alone, tagging!! First, I'd like to thank the Academy...


Here are the rules according to whomever likes to make up rules: • Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. • People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. • At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. • Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I am a teacher. Always thought I would be a lawyer, but I married one instead. It was a divine calling (both marrying the lawyer and being the teacher).
2. I was an English/History double major. I am still trying to decide on whether I should go get a Ph.D. (sounds like I'm going out to pick up some milk)
3. Grammatical errors drive me crazy. Especially when I find them on our school district's website.
4. I hate Tyra Banks and her stupid tv show and I can't figure out why it is always on my tv. (What gives, girls?)
5. I love old movies and Everybody Loves Raymond and Independence Day and Ferris Bueller.
6. I have gotten more conservative as I have had children and gotten older. Winston Churchill was right. (I love Winston Churchill and FDR and Harry Truman and everything about World War II. I think I was born at the wrong time.)
7. A new school year thrills me like almost nothing else. New pencils (Dixon/Ticonderoga), fresh notebooks, pencil pouches, lots of notebook paper, colored pencils, and new glue sticks. Have you ever smelled a freshly sharpened pencil? It thrills me like nothing else in this world. It must be the writer in me. I know it's the teacher.
8. Having daughters has been the greatest experience in my life. PrepGirl has acquired a wicked sense of humor and likes to share it with me. BrownBear has grown up so much this year, it just scares me. She isn't the baby, anymore. We have the best fun. I hope they remember that when they put me in the home.

I am now tagging the following:

1.
http://desperateirishhousewife.blogspot.com/
2.
http://aquiram.wordpress.com/
3.
http://thereflectiveteacher.wordpress.com/
4.
http://anonteacherblog.blogspot.com/
5.
http://www.delightfulduchess.blogspot.com/
6.
http://busymom.net/
7.
http://thejokeblog.blogspot.com/

I know, it is only 7 of the requisite 8, but I'm still posting grades and this took much longer than I anticipated. Good luck. Thanks for stopping by.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMMIT! :)

5/16/2007 10:08 PM  
Blogger Joke said...

Moi?

I'm flattered!

-J.

5/17/2007 7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to tell you this, but you were tagged by another Empress of Geeks! So if anything, I made you geekier! ;)

5/17/2007 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!