Thursday, August 09, 2007

It's Too Hot to Care... No Wonder Scarlett Had to Rest

This has been some week. I nearly died from heat stroke in my trailer on Monday. It is going to be 101 degrees here tomorrow. Whatever I've done, I'm sorry. This is pretty much purgatory. Can't we all just be sprung for what we've done?

Usually, it rains like cats and dogs on our school's Open House. Tomorrow morning is our open house. Here's hoping that it works this for us again this year.

Yesterday, I spent the entire day in "Professional Learning." I learned that I am a better teacher than some of the presenters. I learned that I work with some really cool people. I learned that I don't have to teach science this year. But I really learned that if you are going to send 5000 teachers to one meeting place, you had better have a parking plan in place and a way to get them all home in a hurry. You see, I sat in a bottle necked parking lot for an hour yesterday in that 100 degree weather. All the inspiration the county had hoped to instill in me just drip, drip, dripped away as I melted in that traffic, watching the clock tick and the gas on TeacherGuy's gauge just evaporate.


One more day of preplanning and then it all starts again. Can you believe it? I can't.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sally Datria said...

Awwww...come on now....101?? That's a nice spring day out here where it's all a "dry heat"....bwahhahhahhahha!!

8/10/2007 2:04 AM  
Blogger cupcake said...

101°??? And it takes two weeks of bodies being in the "learning cottage" (our cute little euphemism for trailer) before the air blows cold?

At least you're getting all the benefits of a nice sauna without having to strip nekkid in front of other sweaty people. I asked if I could bring fans into my classroom and was told, "The wiring is really old and you'll blow a fuse. The maintenance men will hate you."

So I've got that going for me.

Enjoy the last day of relative peace before the varmints storm the barricades.

8/10/2007 7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That's so early! We don't start for another month!

8/10/2007 11:34 AM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Dry heat, wet heat, sauna? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! As long as you don't find me dead somewhere from heat exhaustion, I am happy. However, I might be naked before it is all said and done. Keep your eyes on Nancy Grace or CNN for future updates.

And Tamara, have a fun month. Keep your thoughts on me (and the rest of us crazies who will already be in the classroom!!)

8/11/2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

Don't tell me that you have no air in your work space either? I'm burning up along side you, or in any case, melting away like the Wicked Witch of the West.

8/15/2007 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!