Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday Musings

How did I break the power cord to my laptop? Now I am relegated to the dinosaur in the guestroom whose keyboard has the tendency to stick. I believe this, in itself, will drive me crazy.

I am going to do two things in a minute: look over plans for the first week of school and put together my first bulletin board. There. I wrote it down. It isn't far off - I go to pre-planning in two weeks - whew! That made me nauseous, just to type. BrownBear and PrepGirl have another month to go before that first day of school and it is a good thing because they both have three different summer reading assignments to complete.

I think I am going to make a list of things I want to do next summer and put it on my bulletin board. The first is to NOT teach summer school. Then I want to drive to California. See Texas and the Grand Canyon. Go to Turks and Caicos and DisneyWorld. I think I am already into the avoidance behavior I am so famous for during the school year.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

The Pro announced today that we're doing the Disney thing next summer. Then about 30 minutes later, he said, "It's gonna be pretty hot in those long lines, don't you think?"

If it were up to me, we'd never go. I lived in Florida. I know Disney.

I also lived in Texas, and, with all due respect to the Texans in the house, you can skip that little adventure and your life will turn out just fine.

7/22/2007 10:28 PM  
Blogger Sally Datria said...

The Grand Canyon is a pretty cool sight to behold! You might want to do that. I agree...Disney's overkill, but I grew up in So. Cal. so I know the "other" Disney. I think I would like to spend some more time in San Diego though...Coronado Island has some of the most beautiful beaches...of course a deserted island somewhere sounds good too...I start prep week tomorrow morning at 8 am and I am avoiding that by reading blogs at 11:30 at night!! I'm glad I'm not alone!!

7/24/2007 2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!