Saturday, July 14, 2007

Back to School

Just a few quick notes:
  • I didn't not crash and burn on that big old jet airliner as I previously thought. As a matter of fact, the ride was pretty smooth and I was with another teacher who was coming to the Institute with me. (This flight was brought to you by Xanax.)
  • College life is just like you thought it was. Cold water in the showers, hard beds, air conditioning that either works really hard or it doesn't at all. Cafeteria food has improved, but I remember why people put on that freshman 15 (or 40 - Alison!!!)
  • Oh, yeah. The fire alarm went off at three o'clock this morning. That was sweet. I couldn't go back to that good sleep, so I feel like I pulled an all nighter. That was after going to bed having been drinking with the other teachers across the street.

I am so tired right now, I don't know how I am going to make it. Lots of coffee - but it is bad, remember? Got three hours of lecture after breakfast and three more after lunch. Then we have to work on Congressional hearing presentations. It is just 7:20 and I need a nap.

It is beautiful here in the Shenanadoah Valley, though, and the weather is cooperating. No humidity - unheard of here in Virginia this time of year and I am most grateful for that. The teachers I am with are a most wonderful group. Friendly, outgoing and not at all the geeky ones I expected. Excellent.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

I didn't have air conditioning in a dorm room until my senior year, when I lived in my sorority house.

If it were me, I'd be asleep by 9:00. Face down on the desk, leaving an imprint on my cheek. SIX HOURS of lectures? Good Oprah. It's either a nap or you go on a caffeine drip. Ah, memories of the college days.

7/14/2007 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!