Wednesday, June 27, 2007

No More Teachers, No More Books, Part Two

Praise the Lord in Heaven. Summer school ends tomorrow. I tested six kids today in reading. By reading the reading test outloud to them. All of it. The passages. The questions. The answer choices. I think I began to hyperventilate at some point. I have a migraine THIS BIG right now. It won't go away. I am going to bed and dream happy dreams.


What am I supposed to do tomorrow?

I have cleaned up my room and turned in all my stuff. The math kids test tomorrow. I am a reading teacher. I believe I will bring a book. It's all good.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

Well, someone's doing a happy dance, isn't she??

When do you get the results back? And what happens if the little geniuses don't pass it this time?

I'm with you on the whole reading-the-reading-test-out-loud thing. I thought people were joking about it, until I realized it's for real. Gotta love the NCLBA.

6/28/2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger Dewey said...

Wait, I'm so confused. How do you know if they can read if the reading test is read aloud to them???

7/07/2007 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!