Monday, June 25, 2007

Blogging, Journaling and the Last Gasps of Summer School

Just wondering... do all you bloggerss keep regular journals, too? I have in the past, but now that I spend all my time surfing the computer and teaching summer school, I find that I haven't journaled in a very long time. And what is really funny is that there have been a few times when I wanted to journal, but I haven't wanted to mess up my journal. OCD? Perhaps..

Oh yeah. The test is Wednesday and I have been chosen to be one of the teachers to read the test out loud. Correct-o. I am reading a reading test out loud to people who need to be able to read it to pass it. Am I the only one finding the irony in this situation? We have made accommodations for students who can't read and one of those accommodations is to read the test to them. Hello. I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

My one major question is who did I piss off? After all, I have to read directions, passages, questions and answer choices to these kids. That shouldn't take long or be too boring. One of them gets to write in the test booklet and I have to transfer his answers into the answer document after the test is over. WTH? My wedding anniversary is Tuesday. I wanted to go dancing, drink heavily and come into a nice quiet testing room on Wednesday. The last thing I want to hear is my own monotonous voice reading those tedious selections outloud. Just the nice sound of number two pencils making those little circles.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Tour Marm said...

Hi!

I have tagged you!

6/27/2007 1:17 PM  
Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I blog AND keep a paper journal. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with both, but so far I've managed.

7/07/2007 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!