Sunday, June 03, 2007

Summer School Starts When?

Summer school starts tomorrow. I am in a state. I'm not this undone before real school, so I don't know why I am so wigged out about tomorrow. It seemed like such a good idea - cash and all - I won't be missing much because PrepGirl's got a huge babysitting gig and BrownBear has already gone to camp. I think it must be the newness of the situation: new school, new kids, and I don't know any of the other teachers. I hate that, being the new kid on the block. Plus, I'll be teaching inside the building and I usually teach in the trailer. I'm just nervous. I'll be better after tomorrow.


Pat Conroy has written a cookbook. I know. I just spent a hour on the floor of my local Barnes and Noble reading it. He can weave together a story about the South like no other. He makes me proud to be a Southerner. Takes the bizarre and makes it into a good read. Some of his recipes look pretty good, but the stories that go with them are what kept me reading.

And these obese people on TV are freaking me out. I need to go to bed. Now. Before I snack.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Suey said...

Hi! Coming to from the blog roll game! Hope your first day at summer school went well!

6/04/2007 9:45 PM  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

A big hello from one teacher to another! Got here via blogroll game!

Do visit my blog:
rooted

6/06/2007 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!