Monday, May 21, 2007

Party Results

Teachergirl... still standing. No question. Teachergirl's friend, PartyHostGirl, in the ditch. Couldn't handle it. Made me laugh. Called to find out what to do for a hangover. I like the quart of water and tylenol before bed, but she didn't call until Saturday morning.

I had to stop another Teachergirl friend from throwing frozen margaritas off the patio at the passing cars. Lawyerboy hasn't given me and my friends a get out of jail FREE card.

My students, on the other hand, may be the ones that bring me down. Four more days. FOUR MORE DAYS. They can't handle it. We were just doing silly things today to start the wind down process (collect books, return papers, clean out desks) and they fell apart. Maybe they were just acting like they always do... so, perhaps instead of game day, we will have WORK SOME MORE day.

Honestly, this week is as bad as the first week of school. The students are already gone and I really believe they should just stay home. They really check out after the Big State Test and once those results come back, they are finished. Like my class ever started. This is the time of year I begin dreaming about the new class and all the wonderful things we will do next year. (Really, could I be a bigger loser? I mean, I need to lie out on a beach with a good book and just veg for a while.)

I just have a few more grades to enter and report cards will be finished. I am just as finished as they are.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god. I totally feel you. They should just say home. Aaaand maybe I should too. ;)

5/21/2007 8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's finals week here. Unfortunately, I made all my finals too short, so they're finishing early and I have to keep them corraled here for an extra hour.

5/22/2007 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!