Friday, May 18, 2007

Test Results

Super Big State Testing results came yesterday and ...... only 5 of our fifth graders didn't pass. Five - omgosh - I can remember one year when I had eight in my CLASS. I only had two and each of them only missed one section. One messed up the math and one messed up the reading.

I wasn't allowed to tell my class about their results because the principal hadn't gotten ahold of my students who had failed. Two whole classes of fifth graders passed and their teachers told them; my students got wind of it and began asking me about their results. Well, I had been told not to give those results out yet, so I had to tell them that the principal was calling the people who had failed. My kids began to wilt - and I just asked them over and over if they heard from the principal last night. How long did it take to sink in? If you hadn't gotten a call from the principal, you were fine.

Tequila tonight. Celebrate with the teachers at the big Spring Fling. (You know, I sound like a rowdy drunk and I'm really not. I will probably have a drink. But that will be enough. Because I work with these people and I don't need these stupid stories following me around. Like the toga story.) Happy Weekend. Five more days.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Teacha said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5/18/2007 8:54 PM  
Blogger Teacha said...

congrats on great test results.

kids are the biggest gossipers of everyone i know. . . I found out the faculty who was getting married, who is gay, who'd been transferred out etc . . all from the kids. I hate that your kids can't know--but no one should have told until everyone could have--b/c again, kids are the biggest gossipers.

Enjoy your drink !

5/18/2007 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!