Thursday, May 24, 2007

Finally...

BrownBear is sleeping soundly as a fifth grader for the last time. The baby is a big girl.

PrepGirl had her final final today and she is at her third party of the beginning of her summer vacation. Those were the days.

The last day of school is a special hell that you can't really understand unless you are a teacher. The kids are so completely over the top, nothing controls them. People complain that you aren't doing educational things with them, while others are upset that you aren't having non-stop celebrations.

Tomorrow, we are having a breakfast party, an assembly, some recess time, some time to write thank you notes, lunch and the 5th grade walk. Then, hallelujah, it will be time to go. It can't come soon enough. While I may be a little misty-eyed about BrownBear leaving, I won't be sad to see most of them go.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that today is your last day!!! Rest and relaxation headed your way. This is actually my only day off til June. I signed up for summer work....but at least it won't be those same kids!!! I don't know if I would make with them again!! Anyway, I hope you have a great weekend and summer!!! Thanks for stopping by!

5/25/2007 9:15 AM  
Blogger Dewey said...

Congratulations! By now, your last day is over. Mine was yesterday, and tonight we'll be celebrating!

5/25/2007 7:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As a former teacher, I completely understand the hell that is the last day (heck, the last week) of school. As a parent, I wonder what compels the school board to make the students report to school on the last day for ONE HOUR AND THIRTY FIVE MINUTES?! It's just long enough for Mom to get to work and have to turn around to go pick the kid up!

5/29/2007 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!