Wednesday, June 27, 2007

You Go, Girl!!

I am one of Nancy Grace's many, many sorority sisters. Back in the day, she was as fiesty as she is now. She transferred in to Mercer many, many moons ago. She came because her family was there and her brother was already working in the Admissions Office. And you all already know the story - her boyfriend had been murdered. She needed a fresh start. And we gave that to her.

But you know what? She didn't just wallow around in her grief. She didn't carry it around. You knew it about her but that was about it. She was another girl. And when another one of our sorority sisters lost a boyfriend to a pretty rotten tragedy, she was all there with the support. Because she was the one who knew what it was to lose a boyfriend forever.

Nancy dated David and they were pretty cute together. We always wondered what kept them from getting together permanently. I mean, after all, isn't that the only reason the rest of us went to college?

So, yesterday, when their news blew wide open, I was happy for them. After all, yesterday was my 25th wedding anniversary. LawyerBoy and I reminisced about the past 25 and planned for the next. I am glad that Nancy and David will be able to do the same thing. They've always been there for each other. Just like me and LawyerBoy. It was college all over again.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

Great minds, teachergirl. I applaud Nancy my own darn self.

None of my sorority sisters went on to fame, unless you count the girl who was a contestant on Wheel of Fortune and walked away with fabulous parting gifts.

So did Nancy get all liquored up at the keggers?

6/27/2007 8:26 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Too busy being liquored up myself to remember who else was liquored up. But then, wasn't everybody liquored up. I loved those fraternity parties. I loved Friday nights in the fall. And I loved it when we had "Wonderful Wednesdays." No classes on Wednesdays, so Tuesdays were just another Friday. My goodness, I miss college.

6/27/2007 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!