Monday, August 13, 2007

One Down, One Seventy Nine to Go

So, today, they came. It looked like we were giving something away. "Free education right here!" The kindergarteners were absolutely precious - except the ones who don't answer to their own names. What? You talking to me?

My class is pretty good. I had more students tell me "yes ma'am" today than I have in four years. Praise be. Someone has had some home training.

UPDATE: I wrote this yesterday before the cable blew (kaboom!!!) and I couldn't post. I had another day with the kids- and I don't think it is a fluke. They are a good group. Now, they also realize that I am a bit of a freak, because I got choked up today, talking about the Constitution. Whatever. And I don't know what I did to them Monday, because several of them described me as "organized." WTH? Who came into my classroom when I wasn't looking? I was talking a good game and I have tried to clear off my desk these past two days, but man...organized. Whooooeeeee. I already have them right where I want them.

I am exhausted today; moreso today than yesterday. (Perhaps from all that organization) I can't wait until Friday. But you know, the kids are doing what I ask, when I ask, and so far, it has been good.

BrownBear and PrepGirl pick up their books tomorrow. Praise Oprah. Only another week before they go back full time. Those two need to finish that summer reading before I have an episode. How can my own flesh and blood not like to read? I swear. It ought to be imprinted in their DNA. Instead, I've got cheerleaders and scientists and mathematicians.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

We had a couple of 3rd graders last year who didn't answer to their names until the last few days of school. Bless.

Congrats on your organizational skills! I doff my wig. And here's to a good crop of kids. They sure make the year go nicely.

8/14/2007 8:51 PM  
Blogger Sally Datria said...

I so totally KNOW what you mean!! One of my kids got a perfect score on the math portion of the AIMS, the other got pretty darn close...they must belong to the mailman, no...make that the mailwoman because the dh can do the math...but NOT ME!! I can tell you what an adverb is but do not ask me to find the area of a triangle. Whose kids are these anyways?? The only inkling of me in them is the DRAMA!!! So much DRAMA, especially the Kindergartener who SWEARS everyday that she is NOT tired after school!! HA!! So NOT true!!

8/14/2007 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!