Saturday, August 11, 2007

Meet and Greet

Schmoozed with parents and kids yesterday. Nice ones compared to last year, let me tell you. I have my first sibling and I am thrilled. Thrilled!! Must not compare the two but those boys are brilliant. Can't wait. When was the last time I said that? Seriously. I haven't looked forward to the first day of school in a long time.

The fifth grade team has been told that this upcoming class is golden; their poopoo doesn't stink. For months last year, we were told that if we could just make it through with to the end with our group from hell, it would be worth it to us this year.

Yesterday, after our open house, some of the fourth grade teachers started in with a few "stories" about a few of the kids who were coming up. You know, how they could be behaviors, or their parents weren't supportive....blah, blah, blah. I looked at our team leader (not me anymore!!!!!!!) and shook my head. We ARE going to be golden this year, if it is the last thing I do.

Cooling in my room comes and goes; you have to move around to indicate that there are people in the trailer. And believe you, I am dancing around in there so that thing knows I need to be cool.

Other than that, bring it on. PrincipalGirl, laid up after some knee surgery, noted that I am in the zone - not the hysterical one, either. PrepGirl and BrownBear took some time off of their summer reading blitz to help with my classroom lay out. The first day task list is ready, the art/student table is ready. First day is ready. It is the second day that needs some planning. And during the first week, you can basically plan just about anything. It is all golden.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

I'd pay people to hang out in that trailer - excuse me, learning cottage - 24/7. Surely there are some out of work high school football players who take up a lot of space and are willing to walk around.

Good luck with this year's crop. I won't meet any of mine until the 21st.

8/11/2007 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!