Thursday, January 03, 2008

Seven Random Facts

Mrs. Bluebird tagged me for the seven random facts meme a while ago and Christmas caught me off guard. So, here's your seven facts, in no particular order.

  • I serve sweet iced tea for dinner every single night. Regardless of weather. (Last night, it was about 25 degrees here, but we served up some iced tea.) I live in the South; I was drinking iced tea for dinner when I was tiny and don't see myself stopping in the near future.
  • Chick-Fil-A is my favorite fast food restaurant. I sometimes stop for the sweet iced tea. See above. (However, in Denver one time, they just looked at me like I was some kind of freak and told me where I could locate the sugar. WTH? It was a Chick-Fil-A. Chicken sandwich, waffle fries and a sweet tea.)
  • I once lost my slip in the Rayburn Building of the House of Representatives. I was delivering some document during college break - I had a fantastic job with the Environmental Protection Agency- and the stupid thing just fell right off. On the floor, in the hallway. I kicked it aside and kept on walking. Don't know who found it and I don't care.
  • Having younger daughters has definitely kept me younger. I am thinking about lying about how old I am and seeing if I can get away with it.
  • After teaching high school for a year, I taught in a funeral service school - English Literature, English Composition and U.S. History- in their Associate Degree Program. If that won't get you back in the "real" world, nothing will.
  • I collect snowmen for Christmas. Especially snowmen salt and pepper shakers. Now I am afraid that I have become the great aunt who collected salt and pepper shakers and filled up her china cupboard with them.
  • I'm thinking about trying to get into graduate school - but I can think of a billion reasons why it isn't the right time to do it. First and foremost, I've got to take Prep on some college trips next year - how much fun is that going to be?- but every time I look at graduate catalogs, I can't decide which department and I wonder where am I going to get the tuition for all three of us to go to school and ..... well, you get the picture. But, I think I really want to teach high school or maybe even college, because these elementary preps are killing me. So, we'll see.

That's it. All the oddness teachergirl could muster. I'm supposed to tag some others, but if you're reading and you're up to it, you should do it. And let me know.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

I've been thinking about grad school too. Mine would have to be a distance learning kind of thing because I don't live near a school that offers a grad program for my needs. And distance learning? So much more expensive than if my fat butt sat in a classroom.

I'm intrigued by the funeral service school. Who knew?

I worked for the Dept. of Transportation during college summers. Never lost a slip, though. THAT takes talent!

1/03/2008 9:42 PM  
Blogger bob said...

I have to ask, did you stop wearing slips after that or do you still wear them?

3/16/2012 5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!