Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Book Buddy Present Day

After weaning ourselves off the glitter, we continued making books for our 2nd grade book buddies. Each 5th grader is making his buddy a "Twas the Night Before Christmas" book. They are adorable but it was painful getting them to finish. Maybe I am just impatient (do you think?) but I need to get some grades together, some teacher presents finished, and my DESK CLEANED OFF. Please. For the love of all that is holy, I need to see the wood finish on my desk.

I have assigned my students regular work for the week - I am not sure what they expected because one of them actually asked me why I had given them so much work on a holiday week. I had to explain that the holiday really wasn't until next week. Precious angel.

The chorus will be gone most of tomorrow -yea!!!!!!!!!!- and that means that a lot of my talkers will be with them. I love it when a plan comes together, even when it isn't my plan.

Oh, and our district superintendent is coming for a visit tomorrow. Sounds like he's just showing us who's the boss. Someone needs to call me if he's bringing the Christmas bonuses. If not, I'll be in my room with the kids who think it is a holiday week.

And at my house, we are half way through exam week with two more tests to go. I don't know which of the three of us will be happiest.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!