Monday, October 22, 2007

Too Good to Last

While my girls are having a little Fall Break, I decided to take them to the dentist and have a day of fall break myself. Today was delightful, as it decided to rain. Little drops from heaven.

Missing school can be a lot of work, but if done correctly, it is a beautiful thing.

However, it was report card day and the e-mails are starting.

Like this one:

I received X's report card this evening. I was not at all happy with the grade of "D" for reading. I will be at school on Wednesday morning at 7:00. I request a conference to discuss this grade. I would like to see your documentations showing a "D" average. I stated to you on September 19th, according to the Elementary School Handbook, page 16, that AR is not to be used in determining a nine weeks grade. If this is the case, that AR was used in calculating my daughter's grade, you are in violation of policy. I look forward to speaking to you in person.

I was not at all happy that X received a D in reading, either, but X didn't seem to care. She is too busy socializing. And her daddy, who has penned this lovely e-mail, is an embarrassed assistant principal who enjoys threatening the people under him. Oh, and by the way, asshole, I didn't have to use AR to calculate that miserable grade your daughter received.

So let me give you some advice: you and your ex-wife (now I understand) need to get a grasp on raising your daughter, giving her some support, and setting some boundaries. I like having her in my class, but I don't like you.

And don't threaten me. I don't like it - and I'm married to LawyerBoy.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger tamasha said...

Ugh. I hate report season for this reason. We have so many pre-report meetings so parents are not surprised.

I also hate it when parents DECLARE they're coming in for a meeting. Like, hello?!? I'M the teacher, not YOU.

10/23/2007 6:56 PM  
Blogger cupcake said...

Oh, good grief. Who would blame you if, during a parent-teacher conference, you had an involuntary muscle twitch, the spasm of which caused your hand to bitch slap that fool upside the head. Repeatedly.

10/24/2007 8:16 PM  
Blogger The Vegas Art Guy said...

I'm waiting for mine. I have three classes with about 40% of the kids failing for the quarter. Nice thing is all the work is online for the parents to see. If you miss 6 assignments what the heck did you expect?

10/29/2007 8:22 PM  
Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Documentations?" The temptation for me would be to say: "I would like to talk to you about your lack of parentings."

And why have AR if it's not used to figure a grade? Just wondering....

11/13/2007 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!