Monday, October 08, 2007

Just Another Day in Paradise

I taught like I was a crazy woman today. Writing, math, reading...social studies where I was observed by a dear soul who wants to be a full time teacher... and I even got individualized attention for the kids who need it.

Bob Marley came today with his hair strung up like it was in a mohawk. I swear. I can't make this stuff up, people.

Came home and helped with 6th grade math and science. Tenth grade work is under control. But I did listen to all the music practice going on and watched some gymnastics here in the living room. Tossed in a little more laundry before the state tells me that won't be allowed anymore and am getting ready to run the dishwasher (for the same reason). It's only Monday and my weekend is already booked - it is homecoming Friday and Prep is cheering; I'm singing at a funeral Saturday and we have to find something for all these girls to wear to their great-grandfather's 100th birthday. Oh yeah, y'all didn't know about this, now did you? Granddad is hitting triple digits soon, and we're taking this show all the way to Missouri. All of my inlaws are going to be present. I'm just happy I'm not the star of this show. I don't think people will know if I'm there or not (wrong: this is a command performance. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked if we've purchased airline tickets), and, to be honest, I wouldn't miss this for many, many reasons. The best one of all: the nine minute power point presentation with 96 pictures of Granddad's life. My only question was why aren't there 100 pictures?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Perhaps because they thought you'd make up four slides of something else?

10/09/2007 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!