Monday, October 01, 2007

First Monday in October

  • Supreme Court is back in session. Best job in the Federal Government.
  • My neighborhood is already in Halloween mode: fake graveyards and skeletons crawling out of the ground are already popping up all over the place. I don't mind a scarecrow or two, but for heaven's sake people, this isn't Satan Estates. This crap gives me the creeps. And I have a whole month of it to look forward to. Yippee.
  • Bob Marley and his new best friend, Bobbette (I kid you not, she did her hair just like his) , faked their way through the reading section of the Iowa Test of Basic Skills and then tried to sleep. NOT ON MY WATCH!!! I was shaking kids awake and making them go over it in the remaining time. Sleeping during a standardized test. Puhleeze.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

You go, girl.

I'm with you on the Satan Estates thing, and I blame Wal-Mart. Putting out Halloween crap the day after Labor Day just invites this mess.

And feel free to try my approach: squirt 'em with water when they doze off. Works like a charm. I even squirted one ne'er-do-well during my peer observation.

10/01/2007 8:28 PM  
Blogger teaorwine said...

I must agree. My neighborhood also "overdoes" the graveyard mash thing. Pumpkins,mums and asst. other autumn embellishments suit me just fine.

10/19/2007 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!