Sunday, September 02, 2007

Friday Night's Lights (all of them)

Apparently, we weren't that much trouble. LawyerBoy and I sat in the very back of the away bleachers, under the trees, behind the eighth graders. I had to stand up on my seat to see because everyone in my section was standing up in front of me.

Those trees came in handy when it first started raining; it was the lightning that freaked us out. At halftime, the officials heard that a huge storm was coming our way. They evacuated (yes, those were their words) the stands and we headed for cover. Since it was halftime, LB, BrownBear and I decided to head home. Well, of course, the big storm never made it - and they resumed the game after lots of people left. And, we lost. A crushing defeat. We haven't lost in years.

Maybe next year.

In other news, I joined Weight Watchers. Remember the freshmen forty? That stint in college this summer pushed me over the edge. So, if I am difficult, it is because I am hungry. And I hate losing weight. But BrownBear, is, after all, eleven. I probably should at least lose her baby weight.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

I've done WW in the past and was successful. That is, until I got tired of feeling depressed because I wanted to eat non-WW things. I have no will-power.

I haven't lost Primo's baby weight, much less that which additionally padded my fat arse with the whole Queen and Secondo twin pregnancy.

Good luck with WW. You may wind up inspiring me.

9/02/2007 9:42 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Cupcake - I got off to a great start. Chicken enchilada and burrito and chips and cheese dip for dinner. Wheeee! Most of my weekly points on Saturday night.

9/02/2007 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!