Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Two Front Fight

School shouldn't be going on if it is over 100 degrees. My opinion. I teach in a tin box. I am fighting the air conditioning battle. It cools. Then it doesn't. It just blows hot air. The HVAC guys are scratching their heads because this is happening to all the tin boxes at my school. "Well, you are teaching in a tin box. It is 100 degrees out there." His words. Not mine. Just fix the damned thing before I commit homicide.

I come home. It is 90 degrees in my flipping bedroom. You have to be kidding me. The fan is blowing hot air. My HVAC guy can come tomorrow. Let's hope he doesn't talk about tin boxes and 100 degree days, because you'd see me on TV - the one in handcuffs.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger a.book.in.the.life said...

I cannot believe you have to teach when it is that hot. I know what it is like to have to teach when all you and the class want to do is lay down and just do nothing because of the heat but I doubt we have faced it that bad. Good luck, I am thinking of you!

8/23/2007 4:51 PM  
Blogger Sally Datria said...

Oh honey!! I'm sorry!! We had our air go out once in the middle of summer and we flat out evacuated! Seriously, we packed and moved in with some friends for a couple of days! Maybe you could come up with some clever experiements involving water and ice and teach that?? It is always HOT HOT HOT when we beging teaching out here in Arizona...and always HOT HOT HOT at the end of the year when we're ready to LEAVE...but one thing we know how to do, honey, is AIR CONDITION!!!

Praying for you!!

8/24/2007 1:45 AM  
Blogger cupcake said...

I feel your pain, sister. In fact, I sweat in solidarity.

8/24/2007 6:03 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Bluebird said...

The entire state of Tennessee is feeling your pain this week. My district, however, decided to keep on teaching but then again, the AC in our tin boxes was apparently working. It was the bus rides home that was giving the kids fits.

8/25/2007 4:40 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Y'all, I'm sweating in places I didn't know could sweat. And I am a southern girl. I've been sweating all my life - was pushed outside during the summer. Swimming was a privilege when I was growing up. So, I know hot. This is worse than hot.

8/26/2007 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!