Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Bob Marley Is Alive and Well

and he arrived in my fifth grade classroom today. Apparently, he didn't do too well in fourth grade, however, and he arrived, ready to party, mon.

WTH? The newest addition was caught a little off guard today, as he swaggered into the best little fifth grade in my school. I sat him down next to the smartest, sweetest, best behaved kid in class and just let reality hit him square in the face. My kids have assignments due on Friday and I just let that tidbit hit Rastaman, too. You have to get up to speed, my friend. Your vacation was a little longer than ours and if you aren't able to tell me where you've been, you really do need to spend some extra time on some homework. Please.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

Best of luck to you and Bob on your journey together through the 5th grade.

If he comes in with brownies or other baked goods, I might take them to the local crime lab to be tested prior to you eating them. If you know what I mean.

8/15/2007 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get it. Why are you calling him Bob Marley/Rastaman? Why was he late?

8/15/2007 8:46 PM  
Blogger cupcake said...

Tamasha - Bob Marley (God rest) was a big Jamaican star back in the day. He sported huge honking dreadlocks and moved with a certain ease of slowness. I imagine that teachergirl's student has a head exploding with the same sort of dreadlocks and also moves with a certain ease of slowness.

8/16/2007 7:07 AM  
Blogger tamasha said...

Riiiight. I know who he is.

8/16/2007 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!