Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back to School Night

It's back to school night. I have to talk in front of parents. I don't like this - if I'd wanted a corporate job, I'd have one. It also means I have to put on my big girl shoes (OK it really means I have to take off my tennis shoes, but isn't that what you wanted to know?) I have some slackers already, so I wonder if their parents are going to show up, wondering how junior and juniorette are doing. That is always a delicate situation in front of other people. "Great, if you consider not turning in her work a great thing!" Smile and shake hands. Great way to start the year off! Can't wait for progress reports!!!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger EHT said...

Our progress reports are right around the corner....grades must be in the middle of next week. Yikes!

Hey, way to go on my Wordless. I've not announced it but you were dead on.

They said on the news the temple would be open to visitors in September and I can't wait to go.

There is a temple in Clayton County, but I don't think they let the general public in.

8/28/2007 10:32 PM  
Blogger Joke said...

The correct answer is: "Oh, you'll be surprised when you see the grades...you won't believe it."

-J.

8/29/2007 8:38 AM  
Blogger The Vegas Art Guy said...

My daughter's back to school night was tonight (5th grade) and the poor teacher could not get her power point to work. So she had to just do it the old fashioned way. My daughter really likes her so we're off to a good start.

9/06/2007 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!