Saturday, October 13, 2007

Just Another Manic Weekend

Last night was Homecoming, so I got to spend hours sitting on a hard, cold concrete bleacher, cheering on our Lions to an overwhelming victory. I think I was sitting next to a former attorney general's grandson, but more importantly, I think I was sitting in front of PrepGirl's date to the Winter Formal.

The Big Dance is Sadie Hawkins style - and PrepGirl apparently waited too late to ask the guy she had originally planned to ask. It seems that the young men here at our illustrious prep school always say yes if asked to the big dance; don't want to hurt the feelings of our young ladies. PrepGirl was bummed and she has walked around here for months (it seems) weighing her options. Finally, she made a choice - tall, Junior, Varsity basketball player. She told me I would be able to pick him out last night because he would be the hottest guy in the stadium.

"How could that be?" I asked. "I'll be there with LawyerBoy. He'll be he hottest guy in the stadium." Prep and BrownBear both gagged a little. I love it when I can do that.

Choir sang a memorial service this morning. I didn't know the deceased personally, but he is the father of PrepGirl's and BrownBear's choir director. Trying to raise them right, I dragged them out of their cozy beds and made them go. You can't be a southern girl and not go to the funeral. All that was missing was fried chicken and a little ham.

It was a lovely service, but if people cry in front of me, I am going to join right in. Doesn't matter why, I am sucked into the vortex. So, I spent a great deal of time trying not to look at the congregation or paying attention to the crying so I could sing. Doesn't make much sense, but if I had gotten started, there wouldn't have been any point in me being there.

So, the rest of my day has been backwards. After lunch, we came home and put on our pajamas and we've been lazy ever since.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Joke said...

If I were deprived of ham, I'd put on PJs and loiter about the home myself.

-J.

10/17/2007 5:17 AM  
Blogger the anonymous teacher said...

Mmm...pj's and loitering....

10/18/2007 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!