Monday, November 05, 2007

The Show Me State

Our whirlwind tour of Missouri is over; this picture of PrepGirl and BrownBear at the foot of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, was the most exciting thing we did in three days. We tried to eat on The Hill, but nothing opens on Sunday before 4PM and I was halfway to the Deep South by then. The Baptist Home for the Aged is in the smallest town I have ever been in. There isn't a bookstore, coffee shop, Wal-Mart, or place to sit and read the books you did bring with you. I couldn't find the library, but I did find the gun shop. All that to say that G-dad had a very happy 100th birthday; he remembers me, Prep, and BrownBear - more importantly, he remembers who he is and why we were there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!