Thursday, June 05, 2008

What Day Is It?


I don't know if I could live this close to paradise. I tend to lose track of the days when I am at the beach. Dressing in real clothes is also a problem - my father once went to a funeral visitation in his shorts and tennis shoes (he told me they were his good ones), and he told me he wasn't the only one. My father still hasn't turned the calendar around to June. So, don't cry for me, Argentina, but I am confused, sunburned, and finally, well-rested. The water sucks - you know beach water - but other than that - all is well.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

Oh, poor you.

I still have students. Until TUESDAY. Then I have three teacher workdays, and then graduation. The following week? The Yearbook Workshop From Hell (and, quite frankly, IN hell, since it is Myrtle Beach). The week after that? Surgery.

So, yeah. You may be sunburned and living with beach water, but it's a whole lot better than what I've got going on.

But I do hope you're relaxing and reading good books. And having a Razztini or six.

6/05/2008 9:20 AM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Surgery? How can we take care of you?

And, of course, the books aren't good. Just cheezy. And lots of Frasier reruns. And Will and Grace. Because I'm like that. Hang on - just close your eyes; it will be over before long. And Myrtle Beach? Well, at least you'll be alone.

6/05/2008 10:52 AM  
Blogger Finding Normal said...

Poor, poor you. I feel very sorry for you. Oopsie, gotta go...the 3 year old needs to pee (again) and the 19 month old is starting to screech. Poor, poor you.
;)

6/05/2008 12:47 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

If I could, I'd live at the beach 24/7. I still have kids till 6/13. And a couple of teacher wds after that. Woe is me!

6/05/2008 2:18 PM  
Blogger The Vegas Art Guy said...

I feel the same way when I visit my grandfather's camp in the summer. I totally lose track of the days.

6/08/2008 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!