Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mindless Diversion to Keep the Masses Settled

One of my favorite things to do is surf the blogs. I rarely leave comments, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate those things I read. When I read this at HollowSquirrel, I realized I had hit the mother load. (Or is it mother lode? I don't know. I'm not a miner.)

I laughed until I cried and then I called Prep and BrownBear and read it outloud to them. I only did it to freak them out, too. You see, when they were little (and still to this day) , they had an aversion to eyeballs. They have always been afraid that their own would fall out and have always hated the Halloween eyeball thingys. Being a somewhat bad mother, I have always had an eyeball gumball or two laying around, and I also have a Halloween eyeball bracelet that they cannot STAND to look at. And these are nearly grown girls. As children, they were completely freaked out by eyeballs. I once threatened to dress as an eyeball for Halloween and I thought they were going to call the Department of Children's Services and turn me in as a child abuser.

I think it all started with a simple broken blood vessel in someone's eye - and it has been downhill since.

Thanks to Stacy's story, I don't think they'll be able to go into Panera's anymore.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa B. said...

Funny stuff! It's so sad that you don't comment, though. Some of us feel so lonely, underappreciated, whatever. I know I can count on TeacherGirl for a laugh or caustic insight, though! Speaking of which, please don't forget S x 3 tomorrow. Gotta good one for ya!

10/11/2008 4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad I could help? You can always use the eyeball aversion for your child rearing needs...I'm sure you could work it in to prevent underage drinking or unprotected sex. ;)

10/12/2008 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once, the toy that came with our Happy Meal was an eyeball. I think it had something to do with the movie Anastasia. We were not amused.

10/13/2008 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!