Sunday, October 05, 2008

I'm Lucky I'm Sleeping At All

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

In other news, the game of the year was Friday night and my word, people, it was an amazing thing to watch. Our team was unranked and they beat - beat - the number two team. Prep was in her element. The cheerleaders from both schools were the half time show - they worked up a dance/stunt/tumbling routine. They were phenomenal. (I know. I am her mother. A cheer mom.) At the end of the game, as the cheerleaders ran out on the field, one of the referees handed Prep the game ball. She said she nearly fainted. Granted, she had to hand it over to the coaches, but she got to carry it for a while.

I hope she is able to translate all this enthusiasm and turn it into something profitable as a grown person. At least I hope she is able to look back on this night and remember how much fun she had and how excited she was.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

Pretty cool, teach. A moment that girl will remember her whole life.

At my school, the cheerleaders got themselves into a wee tad o' trouble when one of the co-captains was caught on the security camera pulling ballots out of the box for Homecoming court. She lost her co-captaincy (I'm not sure for how long), but she tells everyone she has "no regrets." As one of the cheer coaches put it, that girl has a dark, evil stone for a heart.

10/05/2008 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cupcake she was probbly a sochipoth.

10/06/2008 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!