Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back in the Saddle

People.

I am back and am much better, thankyouverymuch.

Many, many things on my plate, but tomorrow morning, I am up at 5:45 so BrownBear can get on the plane for the three day Washington, D.C. field trip with the 7th grade. All I can say is that field trips have gotten way better than when I was in 7th grade when we took the train for an all day to New York City.

She has been asked to participate in the wreath laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. While she is honored by being asked, Prep and I spent an anxious hour trying to find suitable attire for this event. She isn't amused by the fact that she has to spend time in a dress. Trust me.

If you're up tomorrow, send good thoughts toward BrownBear and those two flights full of 12 year olds, winging their way toward the Capitol. And send some my way - and remember how much I love to fly.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Steff said...

What an honor, for BrownBear!

Glad you are feeling better, we have some type of stomach virus going around here. Sunday at the store, when I was buying anti-diarrhea medicine for hubby, the cashier told me I was the 6th person that day to buy it.

I'm crossing my fingers and knocking on wood, that I stay well!!!

9/24/2008 2:18 AM  
Blogger cupcake said...

Godspeed to BrownBear, more for bearing with the whole dress thing than flying.

I'm glad my teachergirl is feeling better. You also must feel terribly proud that your progeny is participating in such an honored tradition. I doff my wig.

9/24/2008 6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weather forecast is RAIN for the next few days here in the DC area, so make sure she packs an umbrella or a raincoat.

9/24/2008 2:36 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

Good luck to BrownBear! I think when I was in 7th grade we went to a play. 45 minutes away. Notsomuch a plane ride to DC. How things have changed.
Glad you're feeling better. Hope you can enjoy your BrownBear free days and not worry the whole time.

9/25/2008 7:18 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

Hope BrownBear enjoys DC! We sure do love our city, and hope she and the 7th Grade do, too! BTW, don't forget my Silly Sunday Sweepstakes tomorrow--I've got a sweet snap for ya. Remember, it's all about Sharing the Caption Love!

9/27/2008 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!