Monday, September 01, 2008

Hurricane Holiday

My brother cracks me up. He chose this week to go see my Dad at the beach. If he hadn't noticed, it's freaking hurricane season. My sister and I go a little earlier in the summer. Not our brother. He likes to do things a little differently. As far as I can tell, it's going to be sunny there on Wednesday. Nothing like a beach vacation with a four year old and a storm coming up your coast.

I can honestly say I would rather be here than at the beach house. Crazy sister-in-law who is a loud drunk, father's girlfriend living in my mother's house, nephew who hasn't gotten a real routine yet and my brother who operates on a short fuse.

You can't pick your family, can you?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

My delightful sister-in-law slapped my brother during a family get together at the beach one time. She was in a drunken rage. My brother had shown his kids a cigar and let them put their lips on it (the cigar was not lit), and his wife began screaming that he was giving them cancer. She asked their children what they thought about a father giving his kids cancer. Then she slapped him.

Fun times.

Here's to family togetherness during a hurricane - and teachergirl safe at home, missing it all.

9/01/2008 5:43 PM  
Blogger EHT said...

Oh my! What a way to enjoy a beach house. I'd love to get away to Tybee Island soon.....that's the beach outside of Savannah, Ga., however, it looks like Hannah will will bearing down on it this coming weekend. I never got to the beach this summer and I'd love to do some of recovery by the pounding surf. :)

Hope your brother survived. :)

9/01/2008 8:05 PM  
Blogger Finding Normal said...

Nope, you can't pick them, but you can pick when to avoid them. Good decision!

9/02/2008 6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing can be better than a beach holiday trip in summer.

9/12/2008 1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!