Friday, August 29, 2008

What a Week!!

Isn't that my theme every week? But this was/continues to be the week from hell. Just a few more hours, however, and it will mercifully end.

No blog entries from me this week and I actually thought that Angie had written this post about me. Thank goodness, she was writing about herself.

Let me just list what happened this week in addition to teaching my 85 darlings:
  • Class on Monday night (you remember - I'm learning to mentor poor little new school teachers. God help us all.
  • Open House on Tuesday night for our school (let's make nice with all the 5th grade parents)
  • Wednesday night I stayed home so LawyerBoy could make a late night of it (I made dinner; doesn't that count, too?)
  • Thursday night I had to go to BrownBear's Back to School Night: it was more of a Chinese fire drill than anything I've been to in a long time. Next year, people, consider serving cocktails.
  • Today, I had to go to BrownBear's first conference of the year, first thing this morning, meaning I had to figure out something to do with my homeroom first thing this morning. Thank goodness for my teaching partner because she took them and got them to their specials while LB and I spoke in glowing terms about the baby of the family. Of course, when I got back to school, I was running in circles. You know what happens when your day doesn't start smoothly and you just run? My day. Left my car keys with LB. Had locked my phone and purse in my own car at school. You get the picture.
  • Tonight. Tonight is the first homegame for Prep. OMG. Picnic. Pep Rally. First football game. After game dinner. I can't wait to see Prep cheer but I am weary. That nap I caught between picking up BrownBear and now had better last a good, long time.

And people, the best thing I heard today is that John McCain is now courting the Eskimo vote.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

And how was the first cheer mom game? Did you wear your "I'm a Cheer Mom! Ready? Okay!" t-shirt? Did you bring homemade fried chicken and potato salad to the picnic? Did LB sell soda pop during the game?

We went to a high school game last night, to watch my school lose 51-10. It was great. My hair frizzed as if I was in electroshock therapy, and I sweated more in my individual body than the entire football team. Fabulous. Our band was better, though. That should count for something.

8/30/2008 7:23 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

I read today that Sarah Palin's hubby IS part Eskimo! Oh, and did you see Luke Russert doing stories for NBC on the floor of the Dems' convention? I thought of you when I tuned in. BTW, drop by tomorrow for another crazy edition of Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. Come Share the Comment Love!

8/30/2008 10:23 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

Glad I'm not the only one too busy! Hope PrepGirl cheered the team right on to their first win of the season...and that they serve beer at high school football games. No? K...I'll drink an extra one for you tonight.

8/31/2008 9:12 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Cupcake: Take my own picnic? Please. It was catered. LB did his duty in the concession stand whilst I sweat like a prostitute in church. Frizzed like Ms. Frizzle in The Magic School Bus. Our football stadium sits on the riverbank. Oh my holy hell was it hot and humid.

Melissa b: And he is a dogsledder. I think. I hope.

Angie: If I could have gotten my hands on a cold one, I would have been a better Cheer Mom. However...I am sure you took care of things for me.

9/01/2008 5:01 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

And we won. Not easily, but I'll take a win every time.

9/01/2008 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!