Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday Shorts

  • I am washing pool towels and school uniforms right now. How incongruous is this?
  • Prep thought she had lost her retainer: I just realized I had put it in the empty fruit bowl because I found it in the kitchen and I didn't want to take it upstairs when she wasn't here. (I know.)
  • LawyerBoy is going to try his first federal jury trial starting Monday. I have encouraged him to stay downtown near the federal courthouse. If he stays in a lovely hotel, maybe I'll sneak downtown and stay in a lovely hotel, too.
  • The girls and I went to dinner Friday night at a lovely little pasta place - and a bello Italiano took care of us all evening.
  • I finished The Thirteenth Tale this evening. I highly recommend it. I got to one of the parts and went "Oh!" outloud and scared BrownBear.
  • We get to do it all over again on Monday. After the Riverbank Picnic Sunday night. And the girls will finally, FINALLY, go to school on Tuesday. And Prep will be behind the wheel, with a space in the parking deck. I think the Varsity cheerleaders got first choice in the parking lottery. I do.

3 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

I think preferential parking is the very least of the perks given to cheerleaders. Shouldn't she get first dibs on everything? Shouldn't she be able to skip a class a week?

Best of luck to LawyerBoy, with or without the lovely hotel room.

8/16/2008 10:07 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Cupcake, in Varsity cheerleader land, they probably do get to skip a class. I just don't know about it. I'd tell LB good luck, but he wouldn't hear me, wouldn't comprehend it and wouldn't know me, anyway.

8/16/2008 10:27 PM  
Blogger absurdly yours said...

Keep encouraging lawyerboy to stay at a nice hotel. That could be lots of fun for both of you. Don't you have a trench coat???? You could always go knock on his door. Ha ha! Hope you have a wonderful week at school. I have had kids for a week and just now have open house Monday night. I HATE OPEN HOUSE!!!!

8/17/2008 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!