Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I'm So Freakin' Tired, I Don't Know My Own Name

Kids don't come until Monday and I am not ready, yet. I appreciate the panic attack, Angie.

I'm having my own.

BrownBear helped me get ready this weekend - I had been ready and things got undone. She put up my bulletin boards on Saturday. Her little OCD self got my borders exactly right.

Monday consisted of all day meetings and team building activities. Today, I got three hours in my room and then had professional development - I had to go to a Science workshop and I'm not even teaching science. Tomorrow, we have staff meeting until lunch and then, I think, we get to go to our rooms. I'd stay late, but, you know, I've got that mandatory cheerleading meeting.


Color me thrilled.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

So this cheerleading thing. Is there any way you can make it interesting for your favorite blog readers? Can you show up wearing a "Here for the Beer" t-shirt and ask if anyone minds if you smoke? Can you turn to the mom next to you and say, "Back in my day, 'cheerleader' was a code word for 'whore.'"

It would be SO MUCH FUN.

8/05/2008 9:49 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

It's amazing how different school systems can be in their back to school mania. We get one day paid before the kids come. We usually have an hour or so meeting in the morning, then work in our rooms. The end.
Hope you get lots done today. Good luck with that cheerleading meeting.

8/06/2008 6:36 AM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

Good luck, Teacher Girl! Just remember--it'll all be over again before you know it, and summer will be upon you once more! I'm a "glass half full" kinda gal! Please drop in to see about my Greetings from Asbury Park Contest--I KNOW you'll be interested in anything Boss-related!

8/06/2008 11:25 PM  
Blogger Sally Datria said...

We started last....Friday.
Yes.Friday.And a half day to boot.

Actually it was kind of fun, over before you knew it and we just played all day and had fun.

Found out a week before we started that I had to move my entire room...and I had movers for one hour so I'd better bust my butt defrocking the bookshelves...I totally understand tired.

I'm with CUPCAKE, you gotta make this cheerleading thing FUN!!!

Enjoy the smell of freshly sharpened pencils in the morning!!

8/07/2008 1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!