Sunday, July 20, 2008

Oh My Holy Hell, Part 4

I just checked the calendar. I report for duty in 15 days. Count 'em, people. FIFTEEN days. Personally, I still think there is something wrong with children going to school while the beach is still calling to me in August. Remember my battle with the AC last year? I have already had to call in a request to repair my AC. Blown breaker, people. It is working fine, now, but you know how that goes. I was wearing shorts before it was over last year. And flirting with AC technicians. They knew me by name.

"Howdy, teachergirl. Cool yet?"

Boys, if I were cool, you wouldn't be here.

So, two weeks. Let's party like it's 1999. Or something like that. Maybe I could plan a lesson or two.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

For what it's worth, I have 22 days until a four-day enforced imprisonment in professional development. But I don't see a Genius until August 25th.

Still, I'd rather get out earlier than start later.

Here's to a cool trailer, well-behaved (or should I say - well medicated) students and parents who support you.

7/20/2008 12:28 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

I will be traveling to a beach getaway about the same time you're starting school. BUT--as I recall, you were at the beach while I was still stuck in school--so I guess it all works out, right? BTW, please drop in and check out my Super Summer Sunday Sweepstakes. I'd love it if you could share some Caption Love with us!

7/20/2008 1:49 PM  
Blogger The Vegas Art Guy said...

I start orientation at the Agassi Academy on 8/11

I can't wait...

7/21/2008 12:32 AM  
Blogger Joke said...

Why the summer break doesn't last from Memorial Day to Labor Day is beyond me.

-J.

7/21/2008 6:51 AM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

I'm not ready to talk about it.

7/23/2008 6:42 PM  
Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Whatever you do, do NOT use your remaining precious days of freedom to plan lessons!

7/24/2008 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!