Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sixteen Hours and Counting...

That's it, sports fans. The summer of '08 is dribbling down as we speak. I can't believe how quickly the time passed. I looked back over the posts I wrote, starting with the day I came home for summer vacation and it seems just like yesterday.

The mammogram was blemish-free. The beach days were perfect (with the exception of the wicked "step"mother). Volleyball camp was great for BrownBear. And PrepGirl's driving test - went off without a hitch.

Now, I am back to getting ready for school - can you believe it is a school night for me? Sad, but true. (Only 95 school days until Christmas vacation, right?) And yet, in just a few days, we get a whole new set of employees for this glorious 180 school days, complete with their own dysfunctions, dysfunctional parents (or not), and their own quirks; quirks we get to blog and bitch about freely - on a daily basis if we choose. (So, sad. Bob Marley won't be joining us again this year. And there are skeptics who don't believe in God.) And just this morning, I had cold, cold air-conditioning blasting through my own personal realm.

So, Happy New Year. I know some of you are still beaching it, so enjoy. But I do love the smell of sharpened pencils in the morning.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa B. said...

So, you're already headed Back. To. School. Good luck with all that--I've got til the day after Labor Day, and I'm starting to dread it already! I'm sure I'll get more psyched as the Magic Day approaches. I've got 2 great things to spice up your first week back. First of all, don't forget today's Silly Summer Sunday Sweepstakes! Got a super snap for you to help us Share the Caption Love! Second of all, just returned from Asbury Park, NJ, the Springsteen Mecca of the global universe, and I doing and ASBURY PARK GIVEAWAY! I know, I know; but I saw a couple of items, and I had such a GOOD time, that I. Just. Had. To. Do. It! So, please tune in tomorrow. I'll be broadcasting from Asbury Park all week! You, too, could be a winner!

8/03/2008 8:19 PM  
Blogger Finding Normal said...

Have a GREAT first day! We still have a little over a week--next Wednesday. The last week is the fastest though. :*( (that's me crying. ha)

8/03/2008 10:30 PM  
Blogger cupcake said...

Buon fortuna, sister.

I'm kind of bummed about the whole Bob Marley thing, though. Maybe he has a spiritual twin. And the air conditioning? I am INSANELY JEALOUS. There is no cold, cold air conditioning blasting through my personal realm at school, unless I chew on an ice cube and breathe heavily.

Congrats on the mammo, congrats on the driving daughter. Here's to a fabulous school year.

8/04/2008 8:16 AM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

I am having a panic attack in your honor. K?

8/04/2008 8:50 PM  
Blogger Duez said...

i love that quote, "...I do love the smell of sharpened pencils in the morning." That is awesome.

sorry, but I am going to steal that one!

8/06/2008 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!