Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back to School, Differently

Amalah posted yesterday about preschool; well, I've got news, sister. Wait until Noah pulls out of the driveway with his new little sibling in the front seat, headed for his Junior year of high school. Because that's what happened at my house today. Prep and BrownBear piled into their own wheels and pealed out of the driveway, Junior Year and 7th grade, straight ahead.

Dear Me. Where.Did.The.Time.Go? I know. Cliche. But never have truer words been written. I swear, I just brought the two of them home from the hospital. I remember that it was just yesterday Mrs. Lacher from the fourth grade had us painting a ship for the Boston Tea Party out in our driveway. Prep just won the election for president of Student Council in 5th grade. Junior Year? WTF? Literally, it means in approximately 104 weekends, she leaves for college. Let that sink in. I can't. Because it means that while she is chomping at the bit for her new found freedom, I will have to let her go.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Finding Normal said...

Cannot even fathom. Just the thought makes me tear up. Noah has already told me that I can go to college with him. Yes, he's 3. And yes, I'm asking him to make me such promises. Codependent much?

8/19/2008 8:18 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Then get him to sign on the dotted line before he gets a chance to change his mind. Quick.

8/19/2008 9:10 PM  
Blogger absurdly yours said...

I just had a dizzy spell just thinking about this.....I was sick for two weeks with my baby starting jr. high. College????? Just give me some serious medication, I can't take it!

8/19/2008 10:33 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

We were talking about the fleeting passage of time at dinner tonite. It seems like it was just yesterday (cliche, cliche) that the Hubby was holding a screaming infant in the middle of the nite and muttering, "Does this thing have an off switch?" Now, Ella Numera Dos is joining Big Sis Ella Numera Una on the Great College Trek. I take comfort in the fact that they'll be at the same place.

8/22/2008 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!