Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Forgotten Blog (or Why I Didn't Post Last Week)

Last week was the week of LawyerBoy and the trial from hell as he put it. So, we put him out. Of the house. He is no fun when he has that kind of stress and it is better for all if he is no where to be found. Seriously.

As we put it, it was the first week of school for the girls, cheerleading and volleyball practice, team meetings, the Backstreet Boys concert, lots of homework, (are you kidding me?), tall grass, and various and sundry little aggravations. But I am woman, hear me roar.

Cupcake is living through her own trials, and heaven help her.

With LB gone, life takes on a different pace. The first week of school always sets its own pace. The only difference is the responsible rising and leaving the girls have taken. They have gotten up and dressed and met me downstairs for breakfast. They have been in the door of school early. Early, people. Last year, they would still be abed as I left for school.

I am a different kind of mother - apparently. Second night of school and PrepGirl was on her way to the BackStreet Boys concert to celebrate a birthday. Fourth row - it pays to have friends, that's all I can say. She and her friends spent the night at the birthday girl's house.

While Prep was singing and swinging, I was becoming another sports mom at the volleyball parent meeting. All is well, however, as I' ve just got to learn how to be a line judge. (New glasses may be in order.) And when I got home, I assessed the state of the front lawn and the threat of the hurricane and decided that our neighbors would be in the ultimate state of pissed if we let the grass any taller and it rained like I thought it might. So, I fired up the lawnmower and mowed.

The weekend was a welcome respite. Next week looks worse on my part. If I can get to next Saturday, I am gravy.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa B. said...

Hey--my gals went to see BSB, too! I guess that Sweet Pop Candy just doesn't get old, does it? We're about to approach a brand new chapter in our lives over here--Hubby will still be hanging around, but Ella Numera Dos goes to college, making us Empty Nesters! Don't know how the whole family dynamic will work. Hubby thinks we'll just go back to The Way We Were, all those many moons ago. BTW, don't forget it's Sunday, and you know what THAT means--S4 is underway today!

8/24/2008 3:29 PM  
Blogger cupcake said...

You mowed?? I doff my wig. I pride myself on not knowing how to crank up our mower. In that respect, the less I know, the better.

I also doff my wig that the girls were up and out EARLY, and you were single parenting the whole thing. I'll let you know of my success -or, as the case will be, failure - in that area.

8/24/2008 5:51 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

I hear ya. Things are crazy. Hope the hurricane stays away and that life settles down soon. Cheerleading and volleyball? I cannot imagine. Good luck with that...

8/28/2008 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!