Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Student Teacher? New Blog Fodder Alert

Holy Crap, Batman. I open my e-mail and find one from my student teacher. Student teacher? Oh, yeah. In my valient attempt to become teacher of the year, I reluctantly agreed to take on a student teacher.

All I can say is, poor girl. Poor, poor girl.

She wanted to verify when student teachers reported.

Like I have that information. I am in my pajamas, on VACATION, with no children, parent, sister, or in-laws around. No lesson plans written and none on the horizon. Again, VACATION. I am going on a hunt to the local TJMaxx's to find Johnson Brothers Rose Chintz, which I found yesterday for $2 per plate. Did you hear me? TWO DOLLARS per plate. I was ecstatic!!!

So, today, it is hair, join the gym and hunt for plates. Lesson plans and student teacher worries? Not on my to do list.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Teacha said...

I feel the same way!!!! Poor, poor boy.

12/30/2008 12:16 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

Oh, I have one too! She's starting in March, I believe. I am so far disconnected from the school world this week it's crazy. I think I changed from my pajamas at 4:00 p.m. yesterday. Why I bothered...I'm not sure.

12/31/2008 8:27 AM  
Blogger Angela Watson said...

Good for you, enjoy your time off! Have a wonderful new year!!

12/31/2008 6:43 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

Can't believe we have to go back on Monday. And I still have college rec letters to write...oh, crap! Hope last nite was splendid, and here's to a fine 2009!

1/01/2009 10:04 AM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Thanks for all the good wishes. Happy New Year!! That must mean that summer vacation isn't far away!

1/03/2009 1:11 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

BTW, I've got 2 other things on my mind today. First off, don't forget Sx3 tomorrow...it's a stitch! And I've got a pretty good chance of snagging a superior blog award...thanking you in advance for your support!

1/03/2009 5:21 PM  
Blogger Finding Normal said...

Ugh. I enjoy a student teacher for about a week, if she's good. The rest of it stresses me out. I try to remember that each time the principal asks us to take one.

1/04/2009 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!