Saturday, November 29, 2008

Countdown to Christmas

Football season came to a screeching halt at 3:00 AM this morning when Prep came in and woke me up - letting me know that she had arrived safely home from the Quarter Finals which had been an away game in the farthest corner of the state. Actually, as far away as the game was, I believe it was out of state.

However, the boys in blue lost by one point. So, there is no football in December this year.

BrownBear and I put up some of the Christmas decorations yesterday. We put the lights out because we are expecting rain today and, are you ready, snow flurries tomorrow night.

I have graded a stack of tests and essays - depressing as always - and have just a few things to do to get ready for Monday. The Holly Ball is tomorrow night, so I know I won't be getting ready for school Sunday evening. Prep is taking someone she went to kindergarten with. The whole idea couldn't be cuter.

Now that I have had a taste of vacation, I can't wait for Christmas. Can't wait. And you know how December is - you hit the ground running and it doesn't let up until the last day of school.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Steff said...

Our team lost by 1 point too. 3 hour drive, 4 if we had driven from the kids house.

I can't wait for Christmas to be over, it isn't what it used to be, too materialistic for me!

Have a good rest of the long weekend!

11/30/2008 3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!