Sunday, November 30, 2008

Welcome to My Personal Hell

Tonight is the Holly Ball. Seems like we just had one. Hormonal sixteen and seventeen year olds get together for the opening of the Christmas season with a big fancy ball.

At 5:15, I have to be dragged into the "picture party." If you think Brad and Angie face an onslaught of paparazzi with flashing camera lights, you have seen nothing until 18 girls with 18 dates showup at the biggest house in Buckhead with 2 parents apiece, each armed with the biggest, fanciest cameras known to modern photography.

The photographic record of this event is more substantial than any other orchestrated event in modern history.

Remember, people, this isn't even prom. This is the Holly Ball.

And my sworn duty is to take as many pictures of the lovely and charming Prep (my Prep, with her date, without her date, with her friends, without her friends, with her father, by the Christmas tree, with the cheerleaders... well, you get the idea. And maybe, just maybe, there will be a picture with me. ) to be posted later on some social networking page for all to view, including all the colleges she is applying to next year.

I get to socialize tonight, too. What a lovely way to end Thanksgiving holiday. And to think, I don't have to do it again until April when we have prom to look forward to.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa B. said...

This sounds like a Southern Thing. Since I grew up in Texas, I'm all too familiar with all-out, love-it-or-leave-it, dress-to-the-hilt, my-daddy's-richer-than-you janx of every stripe. I'd say you got off easy...at least you didn't have to chaperone! BTW, don't forget to tune in to Sx3 today...we've got the Holiday Spirit!

11/30/2008 3:12 PM  
Blogger Mr. McGuire said...

As the father of three teenage daughters, believe me, I feel your pain. :)

12/02/2008 10:11 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

Listen, I have a challenge up at my place today, which you might get a kick out of. Enjoy!

12/03/2008 3:28 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

And BTW, I'm a finalist for a Pretty Neat Blog Award. Sure would appreciate your vote! Please come by to see me to get the details. Thanks!!

12/04/2008 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!