Saturday, December 20, 2008

Finding That Holiday Spirit

As promised, said holiday spirit has returned. All it took was the ringing of the final bell yesterday. Amazing.

BrownBear had an outing with a friend last night, so Prep and I watched the TMC Christmas movies last night, starting with "The Bishop's Wife." That sweet child had never seen it and, really, I don't think she had ever seen a Cary Grant movie.

In the middle of the movie, the doorbell rings - BrownBear returning? I throw open the door and standing there is an assortment of students from my school. The fifth graders have made it to the front and they sing and sing and sing carols. There are parents down in the driveway and - hello, holidays!! A most perfect beginning to my holiday!!

I told you I'd find that old holiday spirit.

Now all I have to do is get everything ready for Christmas.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Finding Normal said...

Glad you found it. Or it found you. Let the Peace begin! I woke up this morning with just a feeling of joy. It just cannot be described. 2 weeks with few obligations. No students. Aaaah!

12/20/2008 11:53 AM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

I'm sooooooooo jealous! I've got two more days before break begins. Our district is facing such a budget conundrum, they should just furlough us Monday and Tuesday, so we can have a full 2 weeks off. But noooooooooo...Well, anyway, since you have more time on your hands, please don't forget my Sx3 tomorrow...it's seasonal-and hysterical!

12/20/2008 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!