Saturday, January 10, 2009

Student Teacher Chick Update

Was that teachergirl, making fun of having a student teacher? I freely admit that it was. But after a week of having Student Teacher Chick in my classroom, I am enamoured. I was afraid that I would be getting one of those right out of college, 21 year old, explain everything to girls. Thank you very much student teaching office; I have been handed a very mature 32 year old mother of two; serious (not so much), hates Kate of Jon and Kate Plus Eight, too, can read my mind, operate a copier, and handle a classroom full of kids. She is taking over my 4 sections of English on MONDAY, people. She handled the Performance Series Testing this past week. She figured out my team's personalities without much being said by me. She is phenomenal. She gets to school before I do. Lights on, things ready to go. Holy crap, she could outsource me. I will be so ready for next year, I honestly don't know how I will act.

Amazing.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger John Deere Mom said...

Woo hoo! I hope my student teacher is as wonderful as yours!

1/10/2009 9:36 AM  
Blogger cupcake said...

I wish I had been your student teacher. I didn't even get to student teach, but that's beside the point.

She is lucky to have YOU, teach. Good for both of you.

Oh, and Jon & Kate Plus Eight? I'm starting to hate the whole damn bunch, except for Alexis. I kind of like her. Kate, however, irks me to the marrow of my bones.

1/10/2009 9:57 AM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

You are one lucky gal, aren't ya? Sounds like you'll have lots more time for bloggy janx, huh? Or do you have to sit in there with her every blessed minute of the day? BTW, don't forget Sx3 tomorrow...it's a 3-parter!

1/10/2009 4:19 PM  
Blogger Mr. McGuire said...

I think all teachers would be much better if they started at 32. Just to get away from school and into the "real" world for a few years would give a more rounded approach than someone who never leaves school from K-teaching.

Enjoy the time!

1/15/2009 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!