Friday, June 19, 2009

Notes From Friday

  • Three more days of summer school and then the Super Big State Test. We had to bubble the answer documents ourselves, thankyouverymuch. What, you morons at the school board, who took 2% of my pay, didn't realize who failed the test in April and didn't run the labels? So, I had to bubble Social Security numbers and names and grades and birthdates and all that ridiculous information for 15 fifth graders that you don't trust to do themselves? Do you realize that one day, they are going to have to bubble this same information on a standardized test themselves? The all important SAT that you believe everyone in the county MUST take in order to make yourselves look good - they do all the bubbling. Did you know that? Just saying..
  • Went to the midnight screening of The Proposal last night with three teenagers. I think it was funny - I remember laughing, but I was exhausted. It has been a while since I stayed out that late and went to bed at 3AM. I'm still tired.
  • Nestle has recalled all its cookie dough. And, of course, I bought some two days ago and have just been waiting to dive into it. If I hadn't had the news on this evening, I would be chomping on some e coli infested chocolate chip cookie dough. And just last summer, it was tomatoes. At least I can make my own cookie dough. I really couldn't do anything about the tomatoes until my father in law's tomatoes came in. And that drove me nuts.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa B. said...

Wow...your district is so far ahead of ours. Culmination of summer school already? No WAY! BTW, don't forget to swing by and celebrate Sx3 with me today. A Tar-Jay Gift Card is at stake!

6/21/2009 10:59 AM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

Big Test in summer school? Blick. E coli infested cookie dough? Blick. Staying up till 3 AM? Blick.

6/21/2009 11:11 AM  
Blogger Teacha said...

wow, it seems like your summer school experience is over pretty quickly!

6/22/2009 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!