Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Lysol, Anyone?

They think BrownBear has mono - and that means fun times around here. We went to the pediatrician (again! - only this time, the good one, the one who has known the girls since they were born and not this Dr. Newgirl who ordered blood work and didn't order the complete tests for BB, so we got to go get more blood drawn!! At the children's hospital!! After the strep test!

Fun times, I tell you. I have now missed four days since the beginning, not counting the half day I was out for teacher rounds. But even being out, I was able to screw up. I was checking my e-mail and opened one from a parent who wrote that she had received her daughter's graded work out of the order we had originally intended to send it home. We had said that we were going to send it home with the lowest grade on top and her daughter's work hadn't come home that way. The 87 was in the middle, not on top. I forwarded this to my best friend in the building who promptly replied something smart-assed to me and then sent it to the parent. Holy crap. The mom wrote back to her wondering what the hell was going on. Ever clever, my friend said that the county email was acting up - our first names are exactly the same and sometimes, she gets my email.

As my great uncle used to tell me, I could screw up the Lord. I didn't understand him when I was little, but I got a handle on it today.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

If that mom was so wigged out over her child's work not coming home in the proper order, then she has much bigger issues and probably fell for your friend's story.

The doctor thought Primo had mono last year, but it turned out to be a really nasty cold virus. Here's hoping that BrownBear will not be inflamed with the kissing virus.

I won't even ask about how she got it ....

9/09/2009 6:44 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

Just saw your fearless leader on an ABC news clip...classy.

9/10/2009 5:08 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

What!? Krazy Kathy on TV?

9/10/2009 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!